The Halliday-Hasan International Scholarship for ISFC 47
The Halliday-Hasan International Scholarship Programme under The Halliday-Hasan International Fund for the Study of Language and Other Systems of Meaning (HHIFUND) invites young scholars within 5 years of graduation and from the areas of Africa, Latin America, Asia and Pacific and Mainland China (except for those from the B areas) to apply for scholarship funds (congress fees and, for domestics only, travel fees) to participate in ISFC 47 to be held at the University of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China, during 25th-29th July, 2022.
Applications will be considered according to the following criteria:
1) the quality of the submitted conference abstract, including relevance of the abstract to the conference theme of (as assessed by the ISFC 47 abstract review committee);
2) the quality of scholarly contribution to SFL research and innovation of research (to be highlighted in the “A short biodata” section in the application form appended below);
3) two referees’ endorsements of applicant, for example, a supervisor/colleague and a senior colleague (see the application form);
4) a copy of the abstract acceptance letter from the ISFC 47 conference committee.
firstname.lastname@example.org for reviewing before 10 March 2022:
5) the WORD and PDF versions of their full papers with abstracts and keywords;
6) the scanned photo&personal message pages of ID; and
7) the application form, which is appended in this announcement.
2–4 scholarship winners of ISFC 47 in 2022 will be selected and announced before 15 March 2022; and given any domestic honoree(s), two-way flight or high speed rail tickets will be purchased by the Fund and the itineraries will be sent to her/him via email.
Preferred Air Company
Dates of travel
evidence of funding need
Approximate amount of financial support for travel (ECONOMY CLASS; SECOND CLASS HIGHSPEED RAIL)
(education background, working experience and major publications if any; about300 words)
Title of paper, abstract, keywords
(Abstract should be about 300 words, including the why, what, how, main points and conclusions, headed with 3 groups or phrases of key points of paper, each less than 100 letters/characters, including spaces and punctuation marks.)
Referee 1’s endorsement
Referee 2’s endorsement